01 August 2008

Visits!

My Mama has been here since last Saturday and it has been so absolutely nice to have her here! Yesterday she vacuumed for me. She's making lunch for me right now. Last night, she got up with Makayla and got her back to sleep. Oh it has been wonderful.

Lately, we have been rocking Makayla to sleep. Or I have been nursing her to sleep. Well, after last night, I decided this needed to stop. It has been a long time coming, but I've reached my breaking point, people. So this morning, my mom let me go back to sleep and M only took a half hour nap after getting up at 5:30 this morning! Not cool.

So during her next nap time, I chose to put her down after rocking her for a few minutes to get her calm. She proceeded to scream and cry and throw a little fit in her crib. I went in after 20 minutes and calmed her down again. She started falling asleep in my arms, so I put her in her crib. She was pissed.

We left her there for another 20 minutes and then my mom went in and took over. She calmed her down and put her in her crib and within two minutes she was out. That was at 10:40 am. It's now 1:10pm. That is awesome.

Too bad I've been up the whole time. But my mom and I have been able to actually talk to each other, so that was wonderful! 

Sorry I've been gone for so long. I'll come back soon. And with pictures from this week. :)

3 comments:

Danielle said...

That IS a good nap! Keep us updated...and get some rest.

Christy said...

Although I hate to say it, I think that is EXACTLY what M needed. She has to learn to self sooth or you'll never get any sleep!

Becks said...

Yay for the long nap and mommy visits!! I have come to the conclusion that i need Sophia to cry it out for a while at nights. I am sick of being awake all night and exhausted during the days. It is so tough..i'm not looking forward to it. At least we will be in the same boat together. I hope it goes well and they learn quick!!

Cant wait to read about your adventures with your mom and pics!!